Sunday 22 April 2012

Up and coming Artist

I will dedicate this post to the person that introduced me to her burning passion and that fascinated me so much to make me become part of it.

A 23 years old italian girl, Francesca Schgor studied in Brera Accademy, Milan, and is now attending a Master in Fine Art in the Wimbledon College of Art.

The Master research is focused on the study of the human feeling "shame".
It is humanly considered as a negative aspect, even the physical reaction is to hide ourself, but if it is part of the human nature, is there any possibility for it to be an instrument to extend the knowledge of our own identity?


The sequence of images posted are the artistic process that is leading her research to a deepen understanding of this intimate, and unseen, awaking desire.



"Box" (2011)

Box (2012), mixed media




"Body Gesture" Study (2011)


Body Gesture 1 (2012), 30x40 cm, pencil and watercolor on paper

Body Gesture 4 (2012), 30x40 cm, pencil and watercolor on paper










"Blush" Series (2011)



Blush 10 (2012), 25x25 cm, wax

Blush 3 (2012), 50x50 cm, wax

Blush 1 (2012), 50x50 cm, wax 
Blush 7 (2012), 25x25 cm, wax






"Stories of Shame" (2012)



Stories of shame (2012), cm, plexiglass







What is keeping me so tight to this research is that it is teaching me how infinite are the possibilities to understand what I desire. Questions are coming out from every aspect of our humanity: the problem now is my desperate seeking for an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment