Sunday 22 April 2012

LED candles by Moritz Waldemeyer


Designboom, Shadwell
April 2012






I decided to make this post when, running through the designboom.com website I got attracted by the glint of the lights.
Every time I look at a luminous point I’m completely cached by the power of giving a sense of warmth and security. Doesn’t it?
So, here we are, speaking about a piece of design by Moritz Waldemeyer, a contemporary engineer and designer that works with a mix of art, fashion and technology style.
Light is the material he works with, a successful way to grab attention and ultimately leave space to imagination. Looking at the candles I started to imagine a place to stand and live floating in the light.
It is a long journey to reach that light but if that is place that you want to reach nothing can stop you. A floating, a bird attack, someone is trying to pull your feet down but the charm of that group flights is too attractive. They are there and I am sure that my happiness is in reaching them.

In my research I find out that one of his projects was exposed in the V&A British Design Exhibition: a fascinating dress made of colored LED lights. (Another good reason to go to have a look at it!)

Reference
[Sculpture] n.d. [image online] Available at: <http://thecreatorsproject.com/videos/moritz-waldemeyer/media/light-sculptures> [Accessed 1 March 2012]
[video online] Available at: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5hktcTwDGxw> [Accessed 23 March 2012]

No comments:

Post a Comment